Wed, Jun 23|
A Zoom Event
The Performance of the Written Self
The writer's salon is inclusive of everyone regardless of race, class, gender, age, religious beliefs, and or sexual orientation.
Time & Location
Jun 23, 2021, 6:00 PM EDT – Jun 24, 2021, 8:00 PM EDT
A Zoom Event
The workshop is inclusive of everyone regardless of race, class, gender, age, religious beliefs, and or sexual orientation. You DO NOT need to be Dominican to enroll.
This workshop series developed and taught by award-winning poet Peggy Robles- Alvarado is designed to support writers interested in developing their first chapbook for submission, self-publishing a collection of writing, or establishing their online presence as a writer.
Workshops will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 pm - 7:30pm EST. Recordings will be available.
The series includes the following six workshops:
- June 8 - Developing Different Bios For Diverse Audiences
- June 10- Designing A CV For Success
- June 15- Creating A Focused Press Kit
- June 17- From Visualization To Creation: Designing Your Book From Cover To Cover (This workshop will start at 7:40PM)
- June 22- Promotion Part 1- What To Do After Your Book is Ready For The World
- June 24- Promotion Part 2- How To Keep Your Book In Conversation
Each session will be $65
Total for all sessions $390
These online workshops can be taken individually but it is strongly encouraged that writers enroll in the complete series since the work produced in each session will help lead authors through vital steps to successfully package their collection of work and establish their personal branding. Each session will include reflective writing exercises in real-time, best practices, pitfalls to avoid, and prompts that will guide writers to create the book and look they envision. These sessions will help writers who have a body of work in process and need the next steps to present their manuscript to the public.