Sat, May 09|
First Pages with Leslie Zampetti, Dunham Literary
How do you know if you've hooked your reader? What makes a first-page shine? Join literary agent Leslie Zampetti as she critiques the FIRST PAGE of your manuscript.
Time & Location
May 09, 2020, 2:00 PM
How do you know if you've hooked your reader? What makes a first-page shine? Join literary agent Leslie Zampetti as she critiques the FIRST PAGE of your manuscript and shows you what makes a good first impression on an agent. This session is for writers who already have a working manuscript and are able to submit the first page for review.
The session is limited to 30 attendees and will include time for questions, both specific to the pages and in general.
To submit the first page (first page of your manuscript), please email it to email@example.com. Each page must include:
- Identify your genre. Leslie will only review: All fiction, Memoir or Narrative Nonfiction, Picture Books, Young Adult. Novels in verse are good too. No Poetry, No Sci-Fi.
- Age category, (Children, Young adult, Adult)
- Double-spaced. Font size 12. 350 words maximum (for one page).
- Please do not put your name on the page.
- SUBMIT AS AN ATTACHMENT BY MAY 1ST to firstname.lastname@example.org, Email subject: 1 Page w Leslie.
15 submissions will be selected randomly. You must be online at the session to have your page critiqued; no critiques will be sent to the author.
This session requires a $12 Donation to Dominican Writers.
Critique Session w/ Leslie$12.00Sold Out
Critique w/ Leslie-Spectator
This ticket is only for those who wish to view and learn from the critique process, You cannot use this ticket to submit anything.$12.00
Critique w/ Leslie-DWC
This ticket is ONLY for writers who paid for a manuscript review during the DWC 2020 conference and who wish to submit for a critique with Leslie, note that $12 will be deducted from your $45 refund. If you did not purchase a manuscript review this ticket is NOT for you.$0.00Sold Out