Time & Location
Feb 26, 2022, 2:00 PM
How do you know if you've hooked your reader? What makes a first-page shine? Join literary agent Leslie Zampetti as she critiques the FIRST PAGE of your manuscript and shows you what makes a good first impression on an agent. This session is for writers who already have a working manuscript and are able to submit the first page for review.
The session is limited to 30 attendees and will include time for questions, both specific to the pages and in general.
Leslie will ONLY review: All fiction, Memoir or Narrative Nonfiction, Picture Books, Young Adult. Novels in verse are good too. No Poetry, No Sci-Fi. She will only review English work with minimal Spanish.
To submit the first page (first page of your manuscript), please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each page must include:
- Identify your genre. Leslie will only review: All fiction, Memoir or Narrative Nonfiction, Picture Books, Young Adult. Novels in verse are good too. No Poetry, No Sci-Fi.
- Age category, (Children, Young adult, Adult)
- Double-spaced. Font size 12. 350 words maximum (for one page).
- Please do not put your name on the page.
- SUBMIT AS AN ATTACHMENT BY FEB. 6th to email@example.com, Email subject: 1 Page w Leslie.
15 submissions will be selected randomly. You must be online at the session to have your page critiqued; no critiques will be sent to the author.
About Leslie Zampetti: After years working as a writer and librarian, Leslie Zampetti became a literary agent. Among her client books are SET ME FREE (LeZotte, Scholastic, 2021) and THE SINGER AND THE SCIENTIST (Rose, Kar-Ben, 2021). Leslie represents picture books, middle grade, and young adult fiction and non-fiction, as well as select adult fiction and nonfiction (excluding politics, political thrillers, hard sci-fi and high fantasy, inspirational fiction or spiritual works, and self-help).@literarylesliez http://www.dunhamlit.com
First Page Review$20.00