Time & Location
Nov 01, 2022, 7:00 PM – Nov 30, 2022, 7:00 PM
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE DOMINICAN TO PARTICIPATE.
Do you need help being motivated to write? Someone, to hold you to deadlines and make sure you're accountable? Sounds like you may need to join our DWA writing challenge. This writer's group will help you accomplish your writing goal, have help along the way, and brainstorms with other writers when the going gets tough.
The DWA Writing challenge was created to give writers a little push to complete their writing goals. The month of November is known as National Novel Writing Month, or "NaNoWriMo" for short, an annual event in which participants attempt to write a 50,000-word novel in November. However, DWA will remix this challenge by including works in progress in any genre not only novels.
Writing Challenge Rules
- Starting on November 1, The challenge ends at 11:59 pm on November 30th.
- Meet Tuesdays at 7 PM for 1 1/2 hours for the month of November with the option of two weeks into December
- Writers begin drafting a new body of work (or continue a work in progress in any genre) and attempt to finish by the end of the month.
- Serious writers only. Space is limited.
- Those who complete the challenge will receive free self-publishing assistance from DWA.
An agenda roughly follows the same formula each time we meet:
- Welcome everyone and do a round-the-table check-in that allows everyone a chance to say something. This could include brief introductions if there are new members.
- Sharing of news of writing events, courses, and competitions that have arrived via post or email. Members add whatever they have heard of.
- A short spontaneous warm-up writing exercise with readbacks
- Refreshment break for an informal friendly chat
- Read back and feedback of pieces people have written at home. Or a group exercise designed to develop some specific writing skill with read-backs.
- Anything else anyone wants to raise and the date and time of the next meeting.
- Ticket type
Pay in FullPrice$30.00